SLI Systems Releases Enhanced Rich Auto Complete for E-commerce Site Search
Most Advanced Auto Complete Solution Serves Up Dynamic Content with Added Relevancy; Uses a Variety of Visual Styles to Display Results on All Devices
PHILADELPHIA, Penn. – October 5, 2015 – SLI Systems (SLI.NZ), a worldwide e-commerce provider for mid-to-large size Internet retailers and B2B sites, today announced industry-leading enhancements to its SLI Rich Auto Complete™ solution. The new release improves the shopper experience with intuitive search capability, better usability and improved design on all devices, providing online retailers with full-featured Auto Complete that matches what shoppers expect from top brands.
“SLI Rich Auto Complete essentially offers up a visual display of products that most closely match what customers are searching for. As often as we can show them products, we are going to increase conversion,” said Cameron Gabriel, Manager, Digital Merchandising for Harry & David.
SLI Rich Auto Complete shows relevant search terms and product suggestions as soon as shoppers start typing in their query. It gives shoppers one-click access to products they want to buy, reducing the number of clicks from search to purchase. Rich Auto Complete uses patented SLI Learning Search® technology to continuously re-rank product suggestions based on user activity.
The enhanced SLI Rich Auto Complete solution released this month improves the way results are searched and displayed by showing the product’s category, department or brand. This feature helps shoppers better define their searches from the start and quickly discover the products they are looking for. Displaying the category demonstrates that retailers offer the types of products shoppers want to see.
New Rich Auto Complete features an array of enhancements that bring more relevant product suggestions and dynamic content to the search box dropdown and offer a variety of visual styles to display results. New features include:
- Shows Search Categories – Results now show where the product is located, such as “in-category,” “in-department” or “in-brand”
- Mobile and Tablet Optimized – Dedicated mobile and tablet designs take device size, orientation and keyboard into account and rely less on typing
- Products with a Single Click – Popular products and search suggestions display as soon as shoppers click the search box, immediately engaging customers even before they type
- Leverages Learning Search Technology and Tunings – Uses SLI patented Learning Search technology to dynamically optimize the order in which products appear, and results can be tuned using SLI Merchandising tools
- Interactive Suggestions – Dynamically updates product suggestions when a user hovers over search suggestions, showing more product range and helping users quickly find what they are looking for
- Improved Relevancy – Uses more metadata to find products related to the search term, even when the product name is not an exact match for the search term
- Flexibility and Style Options – Available in a variety of visual layout templates to enhance a site’s design
“With the new release of SLI Rich Auto Complete, we have taken our already powerful solution and brought in more relevant and dynamic content to the search box dropdown, as well as a variety of visual styles to display results,” said Tim Callan, CMO of SLI Systems.
In a recent survey conducted at SLI Connect 2015, an invitation-only summit for e-commerce thought leaders, a massive 81% of those surveyed expect mobile device use during the 2015 Holiday Season to increase, compared to the 2014 Holiday Season.
“The release provides industry-leading Auto Complete features. It delivers a premium mobile- and tablet-optimized e-commerce search experience, connecting shoppers with the products they’re looking for faster, which increases conversion and sales. Doing so is critical, particularly during the Holiday Season,” added Callan.
About SLI Systems
SLI Systems (SLI.NZ) enables the world’s leading e-commerce retailers to accelerate sales by connecting shoppers with the products they’re most likely to buy. With offerings that include site search, navigation, merchandising, mobile, product recommendations and user-generated SEO, SLI is the most chosen cloud-based site search provider to U.S. Internet Retailer Top 1,000 retailers. The company’s patented technology continuously learns from the actions of visitors to deliver the most relevant results possible. Whether via PC, tablet or phone, a site powered by SLI delivers the kind of satisfying search experience that increases conversion rates, secures brand loyalty and results in higher order values. SLI operates on five continents. For more information, visit www.sli-systems.com.
Crescendo Collaborative Comm
+1-781-562-0111 or email@example.com